Are you struggling with unwanted persons or those not wearing vest on a construction site or other premise? Promity has recently integrated with NX Witness to make our solutions available to you on the most popular VMS in the world. SafetyWatch is our very first plugin for this environment, and trust us – there are more plugins to come.
Network Optix is an American, but worldwide software development company focused on creating cutting edge video management solutions. A core product – Nx VMS – is an open, lightweight, customizable video management platform capable of managing offline media, live video streams, and integrated 3rd party systems and devices.
Nx Witness VMS is a lighting fast, easy to use, cross-platform IP video management system (VMS) / video surveillance software designed to discover, view, record, and manage IP video cameras so the users can monitor, analyze and react to critical events in real time.
Our NX Witness’ plugin – SafetyWatch is a solution designed to enhance safety on the premises. It uses the existing CCTV infrastructure to detect unwanted people on the basis of e.g. the lack of a worker vest. This plugin also detects people in unwelcomed places.
What does our plugin do and how to setup?
In a nutshell, it recognizes people and people in vests. To setup simply unpack the compressed file to the Nx Witness mediaserver folder. Easy, huh? How cool is that?
How to configure SafetyWatch?
- “Detect all individuals” – by selecting this checkbox you can switch the plug into the detection mode of all persons
- “URL address of server” – the address of the SafetyWatch platform on which all detections are performed. By default, this field is set to the address of our test server. Due to the distance to this server, delays in detections will probably be large, which is why we offer installation of the SafetyWatch platform on clients’ servers.
- “Use motion detector” – selecting this checkbox allows you to limit the number of frames sent to the SafetyWatch platform (frames on which no motion has been detected will be skipped). This function requires enabling and configuring the “Motion Detection” function in the “Motion” tab.
- “Sensitivity of person detection” – the sensitivity of the model detecting people. The higher the value, the less false detections, but more undetected people.
- “Sensitivity of vest detection” – the sensitivity of the vest classifier, which works on detected persons. The higher value, the fewer false positives but the more missed events.
- “Included area” – allows you to limit the area in which the detections are performed with a polygon area, however the color of the polygon isn’t that important. This is useful, for example, when the CCTV camera shows a construction site, where everyone should have vests, and a part of the street where vests are not required.